The Apache AX2 IFP Rebuildable Monotube’s were designed for superior performance in harsh offroad conditions and on road performance. The AX2 integrates premium design features into a cost efficient package. The AX2 Features a Monotube design, complete with an independent floating piston, and high nitrogen pressure to prevent shock cavitation. Heat dissipation is a major factor in a shock absorbers ability to provide consistent damping. High heat build up, can create a situation where the oil develops bubbles/foam thus not allowing the piston to provide proper damping. By placing the oil under high pressure, and then separating the oil and gas by way of the IFP- we are able to create a shock absorber capable of preventing shock cavitation (shock fade) under high heat scenarios. Since a Monotube shock is a singular cylindrical tube, heat only has to transfer through one wall before dissipating to the outside air. A monotube also allows for a larger piston thus provides the user with more consistent and precise damping. The AX2 has been developed to provide quality performance, reliability, and ride quality.
- 3 Spring seat settings: OEM height (0″), +1″, and +1.5″
- Direct Bolt on Installation
- Nitrogen Charged Monotube Design
- Internal Floating Piston- Separates the oil and nitrogen to prevent shock fade.
- Fully rebuildable and revalveable
- Linear Valving
- Hardened Chrome Piston shaft- resists rock damage and corrosion
- Precision Japanese CNC machined, High Flow Piston
- Heavy Duty Ultra Low Friction Japanese 3 Stage Seal System
- High Quality German Oil
- Heavy Duty Lower Leg
- Hardened Rubber Lower Bushing provides a long an quite life.
- T6 6061 Aluminum Spring Seat
- Heavy Duty Spring Seat Circlip
- Heavy Duty 1/8″ (3mm) DOM wall thickness
- Down travel Spacer (under top hat spacer shaft spacer/extender) to provide adequate down travel for lift heights of 3-3.5″- Eliminates the need to rebuy extended travel struts when making changes to taller lift heights. Ideal for those who change their lift height overtime. Works by extending the point at which the upper washer sits on the shaft, thus raising the mounting position of the top hat and increasing down travel. Use for lifts 3-3.5″
- Works from 0-3.5″ of lift
- 2 Year Warranty
- 430mm Compressed, 560 mm Extended without DT Spacer, 575mm Extended with DT Spacer