This Dobinsons 3″ Rear Long Travel kit is suited for vehicles that already have a 3″ lift in the front and would like to have long travel in the rear. This kit will lift the rear 3″ and you will retain the factory raked stance, where the rear is approx 1″ taller than the front. It is possible to run this kit with a shorter front lift, though you will have a taller rake.
Compatible with any brand of front lift.
Extended rear brake lines and bump stop extensions are required. Otherwise upon full flex the shock will limit out on uptravel before it hits the factory bump stop, quickly destroying the shock. Also the factory brake lines are not long enough to compensate for the additional rear travel and will break under full flex.
Optional: Adjustable Rear Sway Bar Links– To Max out travel you will want your rear sway bar parallel with the rear lower links.
The Kit includes:
Your choice of rear 3″ lift variable rate long travel springs (2). Available in teal, red, or black. See below.
Your choice of Dobinsons rear shocks (2) – All Compressed Length 17″ / Extended 28.75″. See below.
Rear Bump Stop Extensions (2)
Apache Offroad 20″ Extended Rear Brake lines (2) (These lines run from the frame to the rear axle, they are quite easy to replace, with the wheels on the ground)
- C59-677V (2)- 3″ Stock / Light duty (GX470) | 3″ Medium Duty (FJ / 4runner). 500/500mm length, 16mm wire, 157-230LB variable
- C59-701V (2) – 3″ Heavy Duty 330lb- 660lb Accessory weight. 500/500mm, 17mm wire, 210-245LB variable
- AO735V (2) – APACHE EXCLUSIVE – 515/515mm length, 16mm wire, 157-230LB variable – Only available in black & red.
- C59-675V (470/470mm, 16mm wire, 157-230LB variable) and C59-749V (520/520mm length, 18mm wire, 198-300LB variable rate) are available for specific applications – please notate your selection in the order notes if you require these springs.
- GS59-575 (2)- Rear Nitro Gas Shocks- Yellow only
- IMS59-50575 (2) – Rear IMS Shocks
- MRA59-A575 (2)- Rear MRA Shocks
GX460- You MUST delete KDSS to run this set up.
Dobinsons Twin Tube Nitrogen Gas charged, IMS, and MRA shock absorbers are made from the world’s highest quality external and internal parts sourced worldwide. They provide a significant increase in performance over the standard shock absorbers. Dobinsons twin tube shock absorbers feature larger bodies, larger bores and increased valving performance to dramatically improve vehicle handling and control and reduces shock fade.
We proudly manufacture the highest quality replacement coil springs for many different applications, complying to ISO9001:2008 international quality standards from our state of the art manufacturing facility in Central Queensland, Australia.
All Dobinsons coil springs are load tested and scragged 100% to eliminate subsequent spring sag. We also perform spring fatigue and hardness testing using in-house state of the art testing equipment.