Power steering, aggressive wheel alignment geometry, wider wheels and lower profile tyres have all put radically increased loadings on the steering systems of modern cars. Add to that engine bat contaminants such as oil leaks that also help to degrade the performance of steering rack mount bushings. Whiteline steering rack mounts are engineered to outlast and enhance steering precision and feedback.
In the majority of applications the WHITELINE bushings act as a flexible bearing and must be greased at the time of assembly.To gain optimum performance from WHITELINE products take the following precautions when installing
- ENSURE ALL SUSPENSION PARTS ARE FREE FROM RUST, SCALE, PAINT AND PREVIOUS RUBBER DEPOSITS.
- PLEASE USE THESE HINTS ALONG WITH ANY INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED WHEN FITTING WHITELINE PRODUCTS. VEHICLE MANUFACTURERS MANUAL SHOULD BE USED TO ENSURE WHITELINE WARRANTY COMPLIANCE.
- SHACKLE AND MOUNTING PINS, CONTROL ARM AND SPRING EYES AND SHOULDERS MUST SHOW NO MAJOR SIGNS OF PITTING OR DAMAGE – ANY DAMAGED COMPONENTS MUST BE REPLACED OR REPAIRED TO VEHICLE MANUFACTURERÂ€™S TOLERANCES.
- GREASE HAS BEEN SUPPLIED IN THE KITS WHERE REQUIRED AND MUST BE USED TO OPTIMISE BUSH PERFORMANCE AND DURABILITY. GREASE HAS BEEN FORMULATED FROM A REINFORCED NO. 2 LITHIUM COMPLEX BASE AND SELECTED ADDITIVES WITH MOLYBDENUM DISULPHIDE FOR MECHANICAL STABILITY, EXTREME PRESSURE QUALITIES FOR EXTENDED LIFE AND A HIGH MELTING OR DROP POINT BE APPLIED TO THE BORES AND OUTER FLANGES OF ALL BUSHES AND COMPONENTS – DO NOT GREASE THE OUTSIDE SURFACES OF BUSHES AND COMPONENTS.
- NOTE: THE MAJOR NOISE PRODUCING FACTOR IN POLYURETHANE IS INCORRECT FITMENT AND UNCLEANED MATING SURFACES.