The Apache AX2 IFP Rebuildable Monotube’s were designed for superior performance in harsh off-road conditions and on-road performance. The AX2 integrates premium design features into a cost-efficient package. The AX2 Features a Monotube design, complete with an independent floating piston, and high nitrogen pressure to prevent shock cavitation. Heat dissipation is a major factor in a shock absorbers ability to provide consistent dampening. High heat build up, can create a situation where the oil develops bubbles/foam thus not allowing the piston to provide proper dampening. By placing the oil under high pressure, and then separating the oil and gas by way of the IFP- we are able to create a shock absorber capable of preventing shock cavitation (shock fade) under high heat scenarios. Since a Monotube shock is a singular cylindrical tube, heat only has to transfer through one wall before dissipating to the outside air. A monotube also allows for a larger piston thus provides the user with more consistent and precise dampening. The AX2 has been developed to provide quality performance, reliability, and ride quality.
- 3 Spring seat settings: OEM height (0″), +1″, and +1.5″
- Direct Bolt on Installation
- Nitrogen Charged Monotube Design
- Internal Floating Piston- Separates the oil and nitrogen to prevent shock fade.
- Fully rebuildable and revalveable
- Linear Valving
- Hardened Chrome Piston shaft- resists rock damage and corrosion
- Precision Japanese CNC machined, High Flow Piston
- Heavy Duty Ultra Low Friction Japanese 3 Stage Seal System
- High Quality German Oil
- Heavy Duty Lower Leg
- Hardened Rubber Lower Bushing provides a long and quite life.
- All new mounting hardware and bushings included
- T6 6061 Aluminum Spring Seat
- Heavy Duty Spring Seat Circlip
- Heavy Duty 1/8″ (3mm) DOM wall thickness
- Down travel Spacer (under top hat spacer shaft spacer/extender) to provide adequate down travel for lift heights of 3-3.5″- Eliminates the need to rebuy extended travel struts when making changes to taller lift heights. Ideal for those who change their lift height overtime. Works by extending the point at which the upper washer sits on the shaft, thus raising the mounting position of the top hat and increasing down travel. Use for lifts 3-3.5″
- Works from 0-3.5″ of lift
- Rear LT:
- REQUIRES THE USE OF DOBINSONS OR APACHE LONG TRAVEL REAR COILS.
- REQUIRES APACHE EXTENDED REAR CENTER BRAKE LINES
- REQUIRES EITHER APACHE BUMP STOP EXTENSIONS OR DUROBUMPS 5.25″ BUMP STOP REPLACEMENTS. SPACER MUST BE USED WITH TIMBREN OR OTHER BRAND BUMPS.
- IF EQUIPPED – KDSS MUST BE REMOVED TO INSTALL REAR LT.
- 2 Year Warranty
LEANS: KDSS Equipped vehicles generally lean on the passenger side, NON KDSS vehicles can lean on the driver side. We recommend measuring from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender on both sides to determine if you have a lean present in stock form. This can be a good indicator of if a lean will be present once lifted. Generally a .5″ spacer will be used front and rear, though some vehicle have larger leans. A .75″ and 1″ rear spacer is also available via the drop down menu selection.
**Note** – The heights below are based on the OEM setting (lowest / 1st notch) of the AX2 Front strut.
– For lifts 3-3.5″ – Select to have the struts assembled at the 2nd Notch and have the down travel spacer installed. This adds 1″ of height, to the below coil spring height.
– The third or top notch is reserved for use with stock height springs.
|Front Coil Part Number||Lift Height||Color Variations|
|CF200R||2″ Stock Load||Red|
|C59-296||1″ Stock Load||Teal, Red, Black|
|C59-300||1.5″ Stock Load||Teal, Red, Black|
|C59-302||2″ Stock Load||Teal, Red, Black|
|C59-314||2″ 100lbs Load / 2.5″ Stock Load||Teal, Red, Black|
|C59-350||1.5″ 220-350lbs Load||Teal, Red, Black|
|C59-352||2″ 110-200lbs Load||Teal, Red, Black|
|C59-354||2″ 220-350lbs Load||Teal, Red, Black|
|Rear Coil Part Number||Lift Height||Color Variations|
|CR450R||2″ Lift (Stock Load)||Red|
|CR451R||2″ Lift (2-400lbs of Accessories)||Red|
|C59-323||.5″ Lift (Stock Load)||Teal, Red, Black|
|C59-599||.75-1″ Lift (Stock Load)||Teal, Red, Black|
|C59-505||1.5″ Lift (Stock Load)||Teal, Red, Black|
|C59-325||2″ Lift (Stock Load)||Teal, Red, Black|
|C59-327||2″ Lift (2-400lbs of Accessories)||Teal, Red, Black|
|C59-329||2″ Lift (6-800lbs of Accessories)||Teal, Red, Black|
|C59-675V (LT)||1.75-2″ (Stock Load)||Teal, Red, Black|
|C59-677V (LT)||2″ 400lb Load / 3″ Stock Load||Teal, Red, Black|
|C59-701V (LT)||2″ 600lb Load / 3″ 200lb Load||Teal, Red, Black|
|C59-749V (LT)||2″ 800lb Load / 3″ 400lb Load||Teal, Red, Black|
|C59-849V (LT)||2″ 1000lb+ Load / 3″ 600lb Load (1000lb+ recommended)||Teal|
|C59-735V (LT)||3″ (3-400lbs of Accessories) / 3.5″ Stock Load||Red, Black|
Shocks / Struts Selection:
|Front Strut Part Number||Description|
|AX2-10F||0-3.5″ Front Strut|
|Rear Shock Part Number||Description|
|AX2-20R||0-3″ Rear Shock|
|AX2-30R||3″ Rear Long Travel Shock|
Coil Conversion Kit
In selecting your coil conversion kit (required when converting from the factory suspension to coils,) You have a few options available. Dobinsons does manufacture a very nice conversion kit, but please be mindful that it does create 3/4″ of extra lift and therefore can make it hard to level your truck out, when medium or heavy springs are needed in the rear. It can also pose a problem with retaining the rear rake with a full 3″ lift as it will create too much rake. We recommend using the Apache Offroad Coil Conversion kit due to the fact that it doesn’t create any additional lift, and all of the rear lift is obtained from the springs themselves. It can be found here.
Rear Long Travel Add On Option
Rear Long Travel is available for an additional cost. This kit will provide an additional approx. 5″ of down travel in the rear. It is especially useful in off-camber situations, to help keep all 4 wheels planted on the ground.
This add on includes:
Variable Rate Long Travel Coils – (See springs ending with xxxV above)
Long Travel Apache AX2-30R Rear Shocks
Brake Line Extensions
Bump Stop Drop Kit or DuroBumps Extended Bump Stops
1.Due to the factory suspension rake the vehicle is taller in the rear than it is in the front, typically by 1″. In order to have a leveled look after the lift, we would order 1″ shorter springs for the rear. If you prefer to keep the factory rake, we can order the same height front and rear springs. We recommend keeping the factory rake, because if you tow, or add additional weight such as luggage for your family; it will help keep the vehicle from sagging in the rear.
Upper Control Arms (UCAs) – Highly recommended at 2″, Required at 2.5″ and above.
**Assembly Note** DO NOT USE AN IMPACT TO ASSEMBLE FRONT STRUTS. Please insure that you use an hex/allen key to hold the shaft from spinning while you tighten down the top nut. Tighten until it stops, Torque the Lower Strut bolt, Lower control arm and UCA at ride height, with the weight of the vehicle on the wheels / on the ground.