The Apache AX2 IFP Rebuildable Monotube’s were designed for superior performance in harsh offroad conditions and on road performance. The AX2 integrates premium design features into a cost efficient package. The AX2 Features a Monotube design, complete with an independent floating piston, and high nitrogen pressure to prevent shock cavitation. Heat dissipation is a major factor in a shock absorbers ability to provide consistent damping. High heat build up, can create a situation where the oil develops bubbles/foam thus not allowing the piston to provide proper damping. By placing the oil under high pressure, and then separating the oil and gas by way of the IFP- we are able to create a shock absorber capable of preventing shock cavitation (shock fade) under high heat scenarios. Since a Monotube shock is a singular cylindrical tube, heat only has to transfer through one wall before dissipating to the outside air. A monotube also allows for a larger piston thus provides the user with more consistent and precise damping. The AX2 has been developed to provide quality performance, reliability, and ride quality.
- Direct Bolt on Installation
- Nitrogen Charged Monotube Design
- Internal Floating Piston- Separates the oil and nitrogen to prevent shock fade.
- Fully rebuildable and revalveable
- Linear Valving
- Hardened Chrome Piston shaft- resists rock damage and corrosion
- Precision Japanese CNC machined, High Flow Piston
- Heavy Duty Ultra Low Friction Japanese 3 Stage Seal System
- High Quality German Oil
- Hardened Rubber Lower Bushing provides a long and quite life.
- Heavy Duty 1/8″ (3mm) DOM wall thickness
- Works from 0-3″ of lift
- 2 Year Warranty
- All new mounting hardware and bushings included
- Compressed / Extended Lengths: 379mm / 614mm